Open pores on the face can make you look aged and unhealthy. They are also a source of many other skin complications like acne, breakouts, and blackheads. Despite applying many layers of makeup, large pores are still visible to the naked eye. There are various home remedies that we will discuss here to help you get rid of open pores.
No matter how many toners and cleansers you choose to use on your skin, they can never completely get rid of large pores. You need first to understand the underlying issues that could be causing sagging pores.
Reasons To Help You Understand Why Your Skin Has Enlarged Pores
- Prolonged sun exposure –All skin types are affected by prolonged exposure to the sun which can lead to open pores as the skin tries to find a way to release sweat and toxins.
- Genetics – The genetic makeup of one skin type to another varies greatly. Some people are prone to enlarged pores on the face because of genetic makeup.
- Age – As you age, the skin will lose its elasticity which can translate to large pores on your face.
- Excessive oil production – Sebum is the natural oil that flows on the surface of the skin to keep it supple and moisturized. When the adrenal glands produce too much sebum, the skin will react by enlarging the pores so that it can release the excess oil, sweat, and other toxins. Besides, when the excess lipid combines with dirt, bacteria, and sweat, the pores can block and lead to other severe complications like acne and blackheads.
- Makeup – We all love makeup as it enhances our skin to look beautiful.
- Smoking – Enlarged pores can result from smoking. As the skin attempts to get rid of toxins, it expands the pores.
- Inappropriate diet –A healthy flawless skin can be achieved by eating healthy meals and drinking a lot of water (a minimum of eight glasses a day). On the other hand, oily food increases the production of sebum which can lead to enlarged pores.
- Cosmetics and some facial scrubs –Particular facial scrubs can cause enlarged pores that expose your skin to dirt and bacteria.
- Hormonal changes –Women are more prone to enlarged pores due to hormonal changes that occur in their bodies.
- Excessive sweating – excessive sweating can cause enlarged pores as the skin tries to find a way to get rid of sweat and toxins.
Natural Remedies Of Shrinking The Pores Fast
- Exfoliating, Cleansing, and Moisturizing – to shrink enlarged pores fast, you’ll need to start exfoliating your skin regularly as well as cleansing and moisturizing to keep the skin supple.
- Drink lots of Fluids – Doctors recommend eight to ten glasses of water daily for healthy and radiant skin and improved wellbeing of the body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Skin Management – apple cider is a naturally occurring substance that acts as skin astringent to get rid of excess oils, blackheads, and acne.
- Homemade tomato remedy–Tomato has astringent properties that work well as a face lotion to get rid of large pores on the face.
Although theirs is no permanent remedy to get rid of large pores on the face completely, there are effective ways that can help you shrink enlarged pores as we’ve discussed here.